7 Snack Ideas for Healthier Teeth and Gums
We often equate the word snack with the idea that something has to be bad for you. Kids love to snack, but you want to protect their teeth. Well here are 7 ideas for healthy snacks that will satisfy your child’s hunger without posing a risk to his or her teeth and gums.
- Raw vegetables with hummus dip – Raw vegetables provide a great crunch and nutrients while hummus is a healthy way to pack a snack with flavor.
- Peanut butter and apples – If your kids can’t have peanuts but are okay with tree nuts, substitute with an almond or cashew butter.
- Berries and Greek yogurt – Just be sure that you are not getting yogurt that has a ton of sugar added. The berries should provide enough sweetness.
- Cheese and crackers – Select crackers that offer whole grains and natural cheese that doesn’t have a lot of fillers and additives.
- Hard-boiled eggs – Just a little salt and pepper can turn hard-boiled eggs into a delightful treat.
- Homemade milkshakes – This is a sweet snack, but the dairy adds extra calcium, and you can control the sweetness and fat content by using low-fat milk or unsweetened almond milk.
- Lean, natural cold cuts – Choose natural options with no fillers and lean meats like turkey or chicken. Just make sure there hasn’t been any sugar added.
San Diego’s Pediatric Dentists That Parents Trust
At BRSH+FLSS Pediatric Dentistry, our philosophy of prevention before restoration appeals to San Diego parents who want the best for the smiles of their children. To schedule your child’s first checkup or cleaning of 2018, call us today at 619-741-1500.